Jayden Acoba of Farrington HS in Kalihi, HI is an outstanding student who was recently accepted to attend Harvard University! As a member of Malama Mentors, he meets with elementary school students once a week to provide moral support and offer guidance to the young students. He enjoys being a positive role model to disadvantaged youth in Kalihi.
Jayden also takes part in Youth Leaders in Training, where he models servant leadership. During the pandemic, he passed out thousands of masks to the community. He visited one of the local elderly clinics to deliver the care packages, which he helped make.
When the pandemic first hit, through the Waiwai program he worked with the local YMCA to distribute free meals to the community. He also helped to maintain a local farm which was used to provide for needy people at Kokua Kalihi Valley clinic.
In school, Jayden serves as the Class of 2022 Class Council President. He was also Class President the last two school years – his sophomore and junior years in high school He is also HOSA Vice President and National Honor Society Vice President. Last but not least, he is a member of our FHS Cheer squad! The Peter Marsh Foundation is proud to recognize Jayden Acoba with a 2022 Student Silent Servant Award!
- More pictures from our tour of the Olympic Peninsula @ Olympic National Park instagram.com/p/CgwmQSuLNd8/… 1 week ago
- There’s driftwood and then there’s DRIFTWOOD @ La Push, Washington instagram.com/p/CguFCG8raO0/… 1 week ago
- twitter.com/svdate/status/… https://t.co/fW8XeEBOU1 3 weeks ago
- Susan’s dahlias make mornings magic… @ Washougal River instagram.com/p/Cf9WaXrFnCJ/… 4 weeks ago
- Our son, Dr. Nate, produced this video to kick off a National Myopia Awareness Campaign. tiktok.com/@brighteyestam… 1 month ago